Thursday 17 December 2015

My game was reviewed by Ollie but sadly the game play didn’t save but all the same reviewed my game for me.
Add caption

Review of Matt’s game:

My first impression of Matt’s game was that it was very well presented the graphics on the sprites were reminiscent of retro, abstract games such as Pac-Man, the gameplay is solid, it uses the arrow keys for direction which makes the game very easy to start playing, the enemies move in a very predictable way which allows the player to calculate their movements before they are in danger it creates a need for pre-thought and fast reflexes because the enemies move at the same pace as the player so avoiding obstacles when they appear is not an option, the enemies moving distinctly also gives the player a sense that every time they lose it is their fault and not the game doing anything wrong, another feature of the game is the moving walls, it adds another layer of difficulty and it gives the player an incentive to complete the game as soon as possible otherwise more wall blocks will start moving. I would suggest adding in a reset button because I got into some situations where it was impossible for me to progress and I’d have to wait for an enemy to kill me in order to restart. There is a few bugs in the game most of them include becoming stuck in walls and sometimes when the moving walls touch your character you become stuck inside so there is no way of moving and enemies cannot touch you in order for you to restart. Overall the game is successful in achieving what it sets out to do and with more development time to add some missing features like sound, a score display and some bug fixes it could become a very fun game.

No comments:

Post a Comment